EB101 - Design And Control Of Concrete Mixtures Eighth Canadian Edition
Item Code: EB101.08
S. Kosmatka, B. Kerkhoff, R. R. D. Hooton, and R. J McGrath
Description: Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures--the guide to applications, methods, and materials, has been the industry’s primary reference on concrete technology for over 85 years This fully revised 8th edition is a concise, current reference on concrete, that includes the many advances that occurred since the last edition was published in 2002. The text is backed by over 95 years of research by the Portland Cement Association and the Cement Association of Canada. It reflects the latest information on standards, specifications, test methods and guides of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), ASTM International (ASTM), the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA).
This book presents the properties of concrete as required in concrete construction, including strength and durability. All concrete ingredients (cementing materials, water, aggregates, chemical admixtures, and fibres) are reviewed for their optimal use in designing and proportioning concrete mixtures. The use of concrete from design to batching, mixing, transporting, placing, consolidating, finishing, and curing is addressed. This edition has added two new chapters covering "sustainability" and "durability".
Additionally, new information has been included in Chapter 3 on the new Portland-limestone cements that are now included in the current CSA cement and concrete standards. Manufacturing Portland-limestone cement reduces CO2 emissions by up to 10% over that of regular portland cement.
This comprehensive manual benefits personnel from ready-mixed concrete producers, concrete contractors, and material suppliers and is a reference publication for many national and provincial certification programs. Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures also meets the growing needs of architects, engineers, builders, and students. This book is a “must have” for anyone involved with concrete.
- Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Concrete
- Chapter 2 Sustainability
- Chapter 3 Portland, Portland-limestone, Blended and Other Hydraulic Cement
- Chapter 4 Fly Ash, Slag, Silica Fume, and Natural Pozzolans
- Chapter 5 Mixing Water for Concrete
- Chapter 6 Aggregates for Concrete
- Chapter 7 Admixtures for Concrete
- Chapter 8 Fibres
- Chapter 9 Volume Changes of Concrete
- Chapter 10 Air-Entrained Concrete
- Chapter 11 Durability
- Chapter 12 Designing and Proportioning Concrete Mixtures
- Chapter 13 Batching, Mixing, Transporting, and Handling Concrete
- Chapter 14 Placing and Finishing Concrete
- Chapter 15 Curing Concrete
- Chapter 16 Hot Weather Concreting
- Chapter 17 Cold Weather Concreting
- Chapter 18 Control Test for Concrete
- Chapter 19 High-Performance Concrete
- Chapter 20 Special Types of Concrete
Price - On-line Orders Only
- Retail (Engineers, Architects) $60
- Students $35
- CAC and Member Companies $30
Orders for students and bookstores: Call 1-888-361-0003.
Note: Prices are in Canadian dollars and exclude provincial sales taxes, shipping and handling. Visa, MasterCard and American Express accepted.