A Strategic Industry, an Essential Resource
Cement is a strategic commodity, essential for Canada's economic security and infrastructure renewal and expansion. Canada's cement industry will be a necessary industry and partner as the green building movement builds momentum, and as governments across Canada move ahead with planned historic investments in Canada's infrastructure.
To ensure a competitive business environment that attracts and retains global investment in Canada's cement industry, the Cement Association of Canada advocates for:
- harmonizing federal and provincial greenhouse gas initiatives
- aligning of Canada's corporate tax burden with the OECD average
- reducing the regulatory administrative burden
- improving the efficiency of permitting regimes in each jurisdiction, and
- passing legislation and regulations that enhances the industry's sustainability solutions.